OUR COMMITMENT TO THE ENVIROMENT
Mascarade Opera is committed to reducing our impact on the environment and our carbon footprint, promoting eco-friendly behaviours, and operating in an environmentally sustainable and responsible way. We aim to use resources increasingly efficiently over time, and encourage all our staff, artists, audiences, suppliers and stakeholders to do the same.
We will record and report our utility usage (Electricity, Gas, Fuels, Water), and seek to use environmentally-friendly suppliers, for example those providing 100% renewable electricity, where possible.
- All electronic equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- We will record and report our waste. Recycling facilities will be available and all staff and artists will be directed to recycle as much of their waste as possible, to reduce the amount going to landfill.
- Printing should be kept at a minimum. Double-sided and/or multiple pages to a sheet should be used wherever possible to minimise paper and ink usage, and document printing should only take place when strictly necessary.
- Where possible for events and meetings, reusable or compostable items such as cups, cutlery and crockery should be used to avoid the use of single-use disposable items.
- All suppliers will be asked to supply their own environmental policy to use before any contracts are signed.
- We will work with our suppliers and partners to encourage them to apply the same principles, using their environmental sustainability policy as a criterion for procurement or partnership where appropriate.
- We will record and report our business travel. All employees, freelancers and Board members should consider environmental impacts when travelling on Mascarade Opera business and choose more environmentally-friendly modes of transport wherever possible.
- Overall responsibility for the implementation of this policy lies with Mascarade Opera’s Directors and Artistic Advisory Board, who will review this policy on an annual basis.
- To ensure that we are meeting the aims and the spirit of this policy we will:
- Discuss and review how well we are implementing this policy, and adjust our practices/develop an action plan where necessary
- Assess any significant new or revised policies and procedures for their impact on equality
- Embed environmental sustainability into our development plans
- Supply all staff, artists and short-term contractors with a copy of this policy on their engagement with Mascarade Opera Studio
- Ensure our employment practices and procedures are consistent with the aims of this policy
If this policy conflicts with our Equal Opportunities Policy, the Equal Opportunities Policy will override it.